D. Emr, Ph.D.
for Cell and Molecular Biology &
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics
441 Weill Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853-7202
The Emr lab studies the regulation of cell signaling pathways by phosphoinositide kinases, vesicle-mediated transport reactions,
and selective ubiquitin modifications.
Phosphoinositide Lipid Signaling
ESCRT Complexes Direct MVB Sorting
Arrestin-Related ART Proteins Regulate Endocytosis by Selective Ubiquitin Modification of PM Proteins
Click here for more information
- JCB: A Nobel Prize for membrane traffic: Vesicles find their journey's end.
Mellman I, Emr SD.
- Dev. Cell: Essential N-Terminal Insertion Motif Anchors the ESCRT-III Filament during MVB Vesicle Formation.
Buchkovich NJ, Henne WM, Tang S, Emr
SD. (Oct. 2013)
- Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol.
Molecular Mechanisms of the Membrane Sculpting ESCRT Pathway.
Henne WM, Stenmark H, Emr SD
- Curr Opin Cell Biol.: ER–PM connections: sites of information transfer and inter-organelle communication. Stefan CJ, Manford AG, Emr SD (August 2013)
- JBC: The Phosphatidylinositol 3,5-Bisphosphate (PI(3,5)P2)-dependent Tup1 Conversion (PIPTC) Regulates Metabolic Reprogramming from Glycolysis to Gluconeogenesis. Han BK, Emr SD
- eLife: The ART-Rsp5 ubiquitin ligase network comprises a plasma membrane quality control system that protects yeast cells from proteotoxic stress. Zhao Y, MacGurn JA, Liu M, Emr SD
- Dev Cell: ER-to-plasma membrane tethering proteins regulate cell signaling and ER morphology. Manford AG, Stefan CJ, Yuan HL, Macgurn JA, Emr SD (Dec. 2012)
- Cell: The Endosomal Sorting Complex ESCRT-II Mediates the Assembly and Architecture of ESCRT-III Helices. Henne WM, Buchkovich N, Zhao Y, Emr SD (October 2012)
- MBC: Local control of PtdIns4P signaling in the Golgi apparatus by Vps74 and Sac1 phosphoinositide phosphatase. Wood CS, Hung CS, Huoh YS, Mousley CJ, Stefan CJ, Bankaitis V, Ferguson KM, Burd CG. (May 2012)
- EMBO: The dual PH domain protein Opy1 functions as a sensor and modulator of PtdIns(4,5)P(2) synthesis. Ling Y, Stefan CJ, Macgurn JA, Audhya A, Emr SD. (May 2012)
- Biochemistry: Allosteric activation of the phosphoinositide phosphatase Sac1 by anionic phospholipids. Zhong S, Hsu F, Stefan CJ, Wu X, Patel A, Cosgrove MS, Mao Y. (April 2012)
- Annu Rev Biochem: Ubiquitin and Membrane Protein Turnover: From Cradle to Grave. MacGurn JA, Hsu PC, Emr SD. (March 2012)
- EMBO: Cargo ubiquitination is essential for multivesicular body intralumenal vesicle formation. Macdonald C, Buchkovich NJ, Stringer DK, Emr SD, Piper RC. (Feb 2012)
- JCB: Eisosome proteins assemble into a membrane scaffold. Karotki, L. J.T. Huiskonen, C.J. Stefan, N.E. Ziolkowska, R. Roth, M.A. Surma, N.J. Krogan, S.D. Emr, J. Heuser, K. Grunewald, T.C. Walther. (Nov 2011)
- Cell: TORC1 Regulates Endocytosis via Npr1-Mediated Phosphoinhibition of a Ubiquitin Ligase Adaptor. MacGurn, J.A., P.C. Hsu, M.B. Smolka, S.D. Emr. (Nov 2011)
- MBC: Two novel WD40 domain-containing proteins, Ere1 and Ere2, function in the retromer-mediated endosomal recycling pathway. Shi, Y., C.J. Stefan, S.M. Rue, D. Teis, S.D. Emr. (Nov 2011)
- Biol. Chem.: Genetic interactions with mutations affecting septin assembly reveal ESCRT functions in budding yeast cytokinesis.
McMurray, M.A., C.J. Stefan, M. Wemmer, G. Odorizzi, S.D. Emr, J. Thorner. (Aug 2011)
- Dev. Cell.: The ESCRT Pathway. Henne, W.M., N.J. Buchkovich, S.D. Emr. (July 2011)
- Genes Dev.: Phosphoinositide [PI(3,5)P2] lipid-dependent regulation of the general transcriptional regulator Tup1. Han B.K., S.D. Emr. (May 2011)